To: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 00:14:05 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] IETF 59

any ETA on when the refrences will be complete. It seems silly to keep
this document from moving forward for more than 6 months because of an XML
registry creation factor at IANA.

Are we at the mercy of this beauracy?

Doesn't one any recognize that keeping these docs from being published
prevents the clock from starting on new gTLD (epp based) registries from
having to implement the adopted wg documents.

yes, ICANN wrote those agreements so that if the IETf ever came up with a
standard registries have 135 days to implement it.

is there any way to remove these [administrative] blocking factors?

-rick

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Edward Lewis wrote:

> It's the 59th IETF, and we are still a working group.
>
> A year ago we managed to finish off the work leading to the documents
> that passed the IESG in May and June.  Since then the document waited
> for the start of an XML registry at IANA.  The documents are still
> waiting for publication - which is why we still are a WG.
>
> --
> Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
> ARIN Research Engineer
>
> History repeats, therefore my life is a rerun.

Home | Date list | Subject list