To: "'janusz@libertyrms.info'" <janusz@libertyrms.info>
Cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:12:42 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] RE: draft-hollenbeck-epp-rgp-01.txt comments/proposal

> The wording for <renew> command in rgp draft document could
> be modified to
> indicate that the absence of period element in <renew> part
> or value ZERO
> should indicate that renewal should not be a part of rgp
> restore. Another
> option would be to force server to ignore the value of
> <period> element and
> assume certain value.

I've thought about the zero value being appropriate here.  It's certainly an
approach.
> > If people are already doing RGP as an extended renewal,
> what are they doing
> > about the renewal part of the command?
>
> I am aware of one implementation that just ignores the value
> of <period>
> element and assumes ZERO if rgp extension is present.

Oooh, accepting a non-zero value and ignoring it isn't a very good idea.
That would make data reconciliation very difficult in the future if one
tries to reconcile a non-zero-period <renew> command that was processed
without error, but with no change to the expiration date.  I'd rather
require a period of zero for RGP situations.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list