To: "Gould, James" <JGould@verisign.com>
CC: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
From: janusz sienkiewicz <janusz@libertyrms.info>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:28:58 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] draft-hollenbeck-epp-rgp-01.txt comments/proposal

I don't see any clear advantage of using Protocol Extension.

The fact that rgp is provisioned as an extension of renew command does not mean
that renew and rgp behavior should be coupled. To avoid confusion the registry
implementation may impose restriction on valid values for period element. It
could only accept ZERO value if <rgp:extension> element is present.

Using Protocol Extension approach instead of Command-Response Extension for RGP
would make the extension syntax more complex. At least one element should be
added to <rgp:restore> to allow passing domain name that should be restored.

I don't agree that the response of <rgp:restore> would include no <resData>
element. The response should contain at least domain name and without <resData>
it can not be accomplished.

Janusz Sienkiewicz

Please see comments below:

Home | Date list | Subject list