To: "'Antony Perkov'" <antony.perkov@poptel.coop>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 07:30:35 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RE: Grace periods

Antony,

No, I have no intention of updating the RGP document to include descriptions
of status values that have nothing to do with the RGP.  There may, however,
be some value in defining a new extension that describes some of the
policy-based grace periods that you described below.

But -- there's already a status value to describe what I think you mean when
you say "Transfer grace period".  See the description of the
"pendingTransfer" status in the domain draft.  For that matter, it may make
sense to use the other "pending" status values to describe the add and renew
grace periods, as in "this action has been requested but hasn't yet been
fully completed".  Would that make sense?

-Scott-

.html which
are:

* Add grace period
* Auto renew grace period
* Renew grace period
* Transfer grace period

It seems to me that it would be useful to be able to provide registrars this
information via the <info> command.

Home | Date list | Subject list