To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: edlewis@arin.net, jaap@sidn.nl
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:10:14 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] Fwd: Protocol Action: 'The IETF XML Registry' to BCP

FYI, this is the document we have been waiting to clear the IESG.
Our documents have been in the RFC Editor Queue for some time,
blocked because there is a referential dependency on this document.

RFC's ... any day now. ;)

>From: The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>
>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>Cc: Internet Architecture Board <iab@iab.org>,
>         RFC Editor <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>
>Subject: Protocol Action: 'The IETF XML Registry' to BCP
>Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:37:40 -0400
>
>The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'The IETF XML Registry'
><draft-mealling-iana-xmlns-registry-05.txt> as a BCP. This document has
>been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working Group.
>
>The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.
>
>Technical Summary
>
>This document creates an IANA maintained registry of XML element
>identifiers so that document authors and implementors have a well
>maintained and authoritative location for their XML elements. As part
>of this standard, the IANA will maintain
>
>          o the public representation of the document,
>
>          o the URI for the elements if one is provided at the time of
>                registration,
>
>          o a registry of Public Identifiers as URIs.
>
>Working Group Summary
>
>This document is not the product of an IETF Working group, but it
>has been reviewed within the IETF.
>
>Protocol Quality
>
>This document was reviewed for the IESG by
>the XML directorate.

Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Sponge Bob Square Pants?  I'm still trying to figure out the Macarena.

Home | Date list | Subject list