To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Bernie Hoeneisen <bhoeneis@switch.ch>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:20:05 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Some EPP questions

Hi Scott!

Thanks for your really fast answer.

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:

> > Assuming the response to a transfer command is 1001 "Command completed
> > successfully; action pending". What would the server answer to a
> > transfer query command (assuming nothing concerning this transfer has
> > changed at server since the 1001 was sent)?
>
> There's nothing that should stop a query from being answered completely, so
> a 1000 response code is appropriate.  Remember that each response code is
> related directly to the command it is being sent for and it becomes easier
> to remember which code is appropriate.

I looks like that I have to refine my original question, as I am more
interested in the content of the <trStatus> field in the response to the
transfer query command.

Or in other words:

If the response code to the transfer command was 1000, the <trStatus>
element of the response to the following transfer query command contains
'pending' (as in the response to the transfer command itself).

But what does the <trStatus> contain in the response to the transfer
query command, if the response code to the transfer command itself was
1001?

And one further question, what does the <trStatus> contain in the
response to the transfer command itself, if its response code is 1001?

cheers,
 Bernie

Home | Date list | Subject list