To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Cc: "'janusz sienkiewicz'" <janusz@libertyrms.info>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:06:44 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-hollenbeck-epp-rgp-00.txt

At 12:36 -0400 5/22/03, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
>Janusz,
>
>Thanks for reading the document and taking time to comment.  We should
>probably take this discussion off the provreg list, though, as this document
>isn't a provreg work item.  I'll follow up with you privately.

I would encourage you to continue to make use of the mailing list.
The list will outlast the group (assuming the current plan of
shutting down the group at PS holds).  The list will be a good place
to collect implementation thoughts, etc., and a good place to make a
call to form a group to publish the Draft Standard documents.

Keep in mind, In RFC 2026, section 4.1.1.:

    Implementors should treat Proposed Standards as immature
    specifications.  It is desirable to implement them in order to gain
    experience and to validate, test, and clarify the specification.
    However, since the content of Proposed Standards may be changed if
    problems are found or better solutions are identified, deploying
    implementations of such standards into a disruption-sensitive
    environment is not recommended.

So, draft standard is something folks should have an eye on down the road.
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Your office is *not* a reality-based sit-com TV show.

Home | Date list | Subject list