To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
CC: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: janusz sienkiewicz <janusz@libertyrms.info>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:32:55 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-hollenbeck-epp-rgp-00.txt

As the state diagram on page 5 shows rgp restore is in fact a two step process.
Step one is submitting <rgp:restore> request and step two is submitting resore
report. Step two can be repeated in case incorrect data was submitted in the
original report.

I think it would be useful if <rgp:restore> syntax allowed submiting
information required in restore report. It could be acomplished by introducing
"op" attribute (similiar to the one in transfer request). Valid values for the
attribute would be: "request", "validate".

Example restore request command:

<rgp:restore op="request"/>

Example restore validate command:

<rgp:restore op="validate">
    <!-- the content of restore report -->
</rgp:restore>

Multiple restore validate requests should be allowed. It is possible that a
client may send incorrect restore data so correction may be required.

Janusz Sienkiewicz

Home | Date list | Subject list