To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:55:28 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] consensus on privacy

Just to let the group know, I think we've definitely achieved a
consensus on privacy.  I will go back over the list and check a few
things before making a summary - my schedule today has me tied up in
the early going - but what I will be looking at saying something just
like the words Scott posted on April 15.  (Maybe just URL to the
archive.)

As far as enumerated-binary issue, it looks certain that binary is
the way to go, e.g. no personal v. corporate distinction.  The
rationale is based on two things - such a distinction is not in the
requirements as adopted post-SF and the distinction is definitely a
policy issue.

While I'm proceeding to write up a summary, folks are free (as usual)
to voice opinions.  But to warn you - to stop me from declaring a
consensus, it has to be clearly convincing.
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

"I'm sorry, sir, your flight is delayed for maintenance.  We are
pounding out the dents from the last landing."

Home | Date list | Subject list