To: Edmon Chung <edmon@neteka.com>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: janusz sienkiewicz <janusz@libertyrms.info>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:23:01 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] pendingCreate should allow domain update

Allowing domain updates on pendingCreate looks like a registry specific policy.
Usually a request results in pendingCreate status because some manual or
external processing is required. In many cases it may not be even feasible for
a registry to modify the process because I of update. If update of a domain in
pendingCreate state is really necessary such case should be handled within epp
extensions.

Janusz Sienkiewicz

Edmon Chung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, the EPP doc defines that on pendingCreate, no domain updates are
> allowed.  This poses a chicken and egg problem: for example many times, upon
> a pendingCreate the registry may require the registrant to change the admin
> contact for local presence requirements.  If the registrant is not able to
> update the domain, then the domain cannot be approved...
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Edmon

Home | Date list | Subject list