To: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Cc: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@neteka.com>, paf@cisco.com, "Ted Hardie" <hardie@qualcomm.com>, "Ned Freed" <ned.freed@mrochek.com>, "Edward Lewis" <edlewis@arin.net>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se, shollenbeck@verisign.com
From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:45:56 -0800
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] provreg's privacy issue

> 	o a BEGIN END section of formal syntax with very, very little text
> 	  seperating these delimeters (don't worry, we haven't gotten even
> 	  a syntax clue from the IESG),

this is quite incorrect, you just didn't like it.

once again, data structures 101 sez that each attribute would have
a privacy tag, as opposed to a blob of tags at the front.  but, as
far as i am aware, no one on the iesg cares that much about the
syntax, it's the privacy semantics which ran aground.

randy

Home | Date list | Subject list