To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: edlewis@arin.net, jaap@sidn.nl
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:38:02 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] Fwd: Re: provreg milestones

Also to the group - as far as the privacy thing being resolved, I'm a
bit hesitant to declare consensus yet to the proposal in:

# From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
# Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:02:34 -0500
#
# As far as .com is concerned, I have no doubt that an extension will be
# required even if we were to adopt the IESG's element tagging suggestion.
# That being the case, my preference would be to put _all_ of the DNP syntax
# and semantics into an extension (where the problem can be addressed as a
# whole) while making the existing DCP element mandatory if that resolves the
# privacy issue with the IESG.

(Aka - http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2003-03/msg00010.html)

So let me hear about that...

>Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:48:31 +0100
>Subject: Re: provreg milestones
>Cc: jaap@sidn.nl, Ted Hardie <hardie@qualcomm.com>
>To: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
>From: Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>
>This looks good.
>
>Please send the new milestones to iesg-secretary@ietf.org.
>
>I also understand the privacy thing is now resolved. I saw a few
>messages on the mailing list about it.
>
>May I suggest you (or someone) write a summary of what the solution
>is, and send it to me, randy, allison (and also cc Ned and Ted as
>co-AD's -- yes, Ted is formally not onboard, but anyway). You can of
>course also cc the mailing list if you want to.
>
>     paf
>
>On torsdag, mar 6, 2003, at 16:59 Europe/Stockholm, Edward Lewis wrote:
>
>>  I've heard no response to this from 'above.'
>>
>>  The FEB 03 milestone now should be MAR 03 I guess.
>>
>>>  Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:14:40 -0500
>>>  To: paf@cisco.com, jaap@sidn.nl
>>>  From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
>>>  Subject: provreg milestones
>>>  Cc: edlewis@arin.net, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
>>>  Bcc:
>>>  While we still have an open issue with regards to privacy, I want
>>>to move on and at least refresh the group's milestones.
>>>
>>>  FEB 03 Respond to the IESG Comments (for Proposed)
>>>  MAR 03 Submit Guidelines for Extending the EPP to IESG (Informational)
>>>  APR 03 Decision on Alternate Transports
>>>  SEP 03 Perform Interoperability Tests
>>>  OCT 03 Submit Interoperability Report to IESG (Informational)
>>>  OCT 03 Submit Extensible Provisioning Protocol to IESG (Draft)
>>>  OCT 03 Submit EPP Contact Mapping to IESG (Draft)
>>>  OCT 03 Submit EPP Domain Name Mapping to IESG (Draft)
>>>  OCT 03 Submit EPP Host Mapping to IESG (Draft)
>>>  OCT 03 Submit EPP Transport Over TCP to IESG (Draft)
>>>
>>>  Look these over carefully.  I added the first because we haven't
>>>closed that off, as well as having some potential threads to cover
>>>in addition to the privacy question.
>>>
>>>  A "Decision on Alternate Transports" is on there because our
>>>charter talks about  "support for multiple operational choices,
>>>such as for transport".  At times support has been expressed for
>>>BEEP, SMTP, and SOAP, but none have garnered much support.  My
>>>vague opinion is that alternate transports will need to come with
>>>code, not just documents, before they can be taken seriously by
>>>the WG.
>>>
>>>  Note that SMTP and SOAP milestones are not on there.  Not to
>>>denigrate the work, but they haven't made it to general interest
>>>for the WG.
>>>
>>>  With this message I am asking our AD to approve these milestones,
>>>we can adjust them as necessary.

>>  Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
>>  ARIN Research Engineer

Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Home | Date list | Subject list