To: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@neteka.com>
cc: "Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine" <brunner@nic-naa.net>, "Rick Wesson" <wessorh@ar.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se, "Edward Lewis" <edlewis@arin.net>, brunner@nic-naa.net
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:08:14 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] our meeting slot in SF

> I thought you didnt like the idea... ;-D

Correct.

> And, I think what we want to discuss in this work group is not the actual
> "mapping tables", but the framework for doing provisioning.

What part is "interoperable", and subject to specification, assuming that
a requirements statement exists, or can be frobbed up in finite time?

> It has more to do with how the management of reserved variants and zone
> variants can be provisioned.

This doesn't seem to be a likely candidate for "interoperable", etc., but
by all means, don't listen to me, you've bet your business that I'm wrong
and dns operators are just dying to shell out shell metacharacters to the
clammoring masses.

She sells sea shells by the sea shore ... and in zone files.

Cheers,
Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list