To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, "'Edward Lewis'" <edlewis@arin.net>, "Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine" <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Ram Mohan" <rmohan@afilias.info>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:19:52 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] FYI: EPP implementation by the Polish registry

>If you're not publishing a data
>collection policy, is there any specific issue that's driving that
decision?

>I haven't decided what makes sense for the .com and .net registry yet, but
>other people who are using EPP in domain registry operations must have been
>through a decision process.  Come on, people, please let us know what
you're
>doing with respect to privacy and data collection and why you're doing it!
>We need some real data points to help close the discussion with the IESG.

We're looking into a <dcp> required policy for the .info registry; For the
.org registry, we're also trying to determine the appropriate technical
measures that would make PIR's proposed "OrgCloak" data-protection service
viable.

A session-specific <dcp> mandatory approach is appealing.

-ram