To: paf@cisco.com, jaap@sidn.nl
Cc: edlewis@arin.net, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:14:40 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] provreg milestones

While we still have an open issue with regards to privacy, I want to
move on and at least refresh the group's milestones.

FEB 03 Respond to the IESG Comments (for Proposed)
MAR 03 Submit Guidelines for Extending the EPP to IESG (Informational)
APR 03 Decision on Alternate Transports
SEP 03 Perform Interoperability Tests
OCT 03 Submit Interoperability Report to IESG (Informational)
OCT 03 Submit Extensible Provisioning Protocol to IESG (Draft)
OCT 03 Submit EPP Contact Mapping to IESG (Draft)
OCT 03 Submit EPP Domain Name Mapping to IESG (Draft)
OCT 03 Submit EPP Host Mapping to IESG (Draft)
OCT 03 Submit EPP Transport Over TCP to IESG (Draft)

Look these over carefully.  I added the first because we haven't
closed that off, as well as having some potential threads to cover in
addition to the privacy question.

A "Decision on Alternate Transports" is on there because our charter
talks about  "support for multiple operational choices, such as for
transport".  At times support has been expressed for BEEP, SMTP, and
SOAP, but none have garnered much support.  My vague opinion is that
alternate transports will need to come with code, not just documents,
before they can be taken seriously by the WG.

Note that SMTP and SOAP milestones are not on there.  Not to
denigrate the work, but they haven't made it to general interest for
the WG.

With this message I am asking our AD to approve these milestones, we
can adjust them as necessary.
Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Home | Date list | Subject list