To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Hong Liu <lhongsms@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:06:35 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: lastVerified: optional vs. extension

Ed,

Questions for clarification regarding whose opinion
counts:
- when you said users of EPP clients, do you mean
registrars/resellers?
- when you said users of EPP servers, do you mean
registries?
- when you said implementors, do you mean third party
EPP software vendors?
- how about other people who do not fall into one of
the above three categories, but are also concerned
about this topic, such as regulartory agencies? The
verification can be done via a third party other than
the registry and its registrars.

Also, questions for clarification on the metric:
- are technical issues such as simplicity, continuity,
and legacy data migrations key considerations?
- is lack of established policy framework for the use
of this element a key consideration?

Thanks!

--Hong