To: Daniel Manley <dmanley@tucows.com>
Cc: Michael Graff <Michael_Graff@isc.org>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Joe Abley <jabley@isc.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:15:15 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Implementation of EPP (other nits)

On Friday, Nov 29, 2002, at 15:33 Canada/Eastern, Daniel Manley wrote:

> does the schema permit setting these fields to "" (empty string)?

It seems like it would be possible to define a contact handle which
means "no contact", and specify that within a <domain:registrant>
element to indicate the absense of a registrant for a domain. That's
very, very ugly indeed, however.

The <domain:authInfo> element would an even bigger hack, since the DTD
specifies sub-elements.

Using magic values to indicate deletion seems like a gratuitously bad
idea :)

Joe

> Michael Graff a écrit:
>
>> I don't know how many of you are actually attempting to implement the
>> current drafts, but I am...
>>
>> The "registrant" and "authinfo" attributes are optional when creating
>> domains, but once there, cannot be removed with <update>, only
>> changed.
>>
>> --Michael

Home | Date list | Subject list