To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:03:45 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Fwd: P3P next steps list

FYI

>From: Lorrie Cranor <lorrie@research.att.com>
>To: public-p3p-ws@w3.org
>Subject: P3P next steps list
>Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:06:24 -0500
>

>Thanks to everyone who participated for a great workshop! We
>had some very useful discussions and got a good sense of
>the areas where there is interest in additional work. Rough minutes
>will be sent to this list soon and a summary report should be ready
>in mid-December.
>
>The following is the list of areas for future work that we identified
>and prioritized during the closing session. I have indicated the
>names of the people who volunteered to write up a 1 page proposal
>on each of these areas. Please include purpose, scope, resources,
>and time frame and send your proposals to this mailing list by
>Dec. 13.
>

>Areas for future work
>
>1. Vocabulary issues [high priority - mostly for 1.1, maybe some for 2.0]
>   a. Article 10 issues [volunteers: Diana and Giles]
>   b. primary data uses [volunteer: Lorrie]
>   c. general vocab review [maybe longterm - volunteer: Lorrie]
>
>2. Indication of agent status, multiple domains owned by same company,
>   etc. [high priority - possibly for 1.1, otherwise for 2.0 -
>   volunteer: Brian Zwit]
>
>3. Spec ambiguities [short term high priority - volunteer: Matthias]
>
>4. Compact policies [high priority for 1.1, Brooks has been
>   volunteered]
>   a. What are performance issues that motivate CP and what are
>      alternative approaches? Where exactly is the problem?
>   b. Semantic issues
>   c. Cross-product problem -- need for grouping mechanism
>   d. Agent status, multiple domains owned by the same company, etc.
>
>5. User agent behavior [high priority, either short term or long term,
>   volunteer: Brian Zwit]
>   a. Human readable notices
>     i. user friendly version in spec (must, should, or reference examples)
>     ii. coordinate with short notices
>
>6. Statements in the spec to better articulate what P3P is and isn't
>   [short term high priority, volunteer: Brian Zwit]
>
>7. How to use P3P w/out binding to HTTP and URIs [quick win,
>   volunteer: Danny]
>
>8. Consent recording mechanism [high priority, long term, volunteer:
>   Matthias]
>
>9. Feedback channel [little interest]
>
>10. User preference language -- APPEL, etc. [high priority, volunteer:
>Giles]
>   a. ontology - default languages
>
>11. Convert P3P data schema to XML schema [low priority but might be
>     quick win, volunteer: Giles]
>
>12. Coordination with other efforts [high priority for both short
>     term and long term, volunteer: Danny]
>     a. Liberty Alliance
>     b. Other authentication efforts
>     c. Web services/SOAP
>     d. Geopriv
>     e. Short notices
>     f. DAML

> [...]

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard@shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey@neustar.biz>
  <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>

Home | Date list | Subject list