To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Hong Liu <lhongsms@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 06:19:31 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: last-verified-date

Rick,

Per your suggestion, I am sending my comments to the
list. Here is the modified text I would suggest:

"2.9 Last Verified Date

The date the contact information was last verified as
valid by the entity who at the time of validation was
the sponsoring registrar of the contact object. This
parameter is OPTIONAL for a contact object. When used,
it is the registrar's sole responsibility to perform
the validation duty."

There are three key points I would like to make:

(1) The current sponsoring registrar is not
necessarily the registrar who last checked the
contact. To complete the proposal, it may be better to
include a <verID> to store the verifying registrar
identity. I will leave the WG to decide.
(2) The parameter should be optional, i.e., not all
contact objects are required to be verified.
(3) The registry should play no role, except for
storing the field when presented, in performing the
validity checking.

Hope you and other guys have a good discussion in
Atlanta on this and other topics.

--Hong