To: "'janusz sienkiewicz'" <janusz@libertyrms.info>
Cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:24:44 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Handling of External Host Objects

> I assume that with the new external host approach domain
> transfer process would
> be simplified. No error code 2305 for transfer requests and approvals.

It's premature to call what I wrote below "the new external host approach"
(it's still just a re-issue of a proposal that I'd like people to consider),
but yes, with this model there would be no need for object management errors
on transfers as currently described because there would be no need for the
per-registrar copies of external hosts.  An external host attribute would
just get carried along with all other domain object attributes.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list