To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Liu, Hong" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 12:17:55 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Handling of External Host Objects: Single vs. Multi Copy Solutions (was: in the context of domain transfer)

Hi, Andy,

Actually we may be talking about the same thing, -:) What I meant by
enumerating (5)-(7) was to show that mass update does not work for
multi-copy model in those scenarios. And as such, it is just as good (or
bad) as the the server-centric single-copy model. In other words, mass
update _only_ work in the case of _complete_ external-to-external host
rename. It is the only advantage that I heard so far, but came with so many
baggages.

--Hong