To: "'ietf-provregcafaxse'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
Cc: Liu Hong <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>
From: Mike Lampson <lampson@iaregistry.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:43:29 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Handling of External Host Objects: Single vs. Multi Copy Solutions (was: in the context of domain transfer)

Dear all,

As a consumer of EPP and RRP, I'm not happy with this change but can live
with it if necessary.

However, I do not see any discussion in sections 3.1.1 of either the
draft-ietf-provreg-epp-domain-05.txt or draft-ietf-provreg-epp-host-05.txt
specs on the <check> command.

I believe that the spec should explicitly state that the <check> command
will return "1" (available) if an external host object has not been
previously created by this client.  This will bring to the the attention of
the client that they need to issue an <add> host command prior to modifying
a domain to use this external host object.  This behavior is distinctly
different from the result returned to a <check> domain on an internal host
object.

I apologize in advance if I missed this information in the current specs.

Regards,

Mike Lampson
The Registry at Info Avenue, LLC

Home | Date list | Subject list