To: "'Edward Lewis'" <edlewis@arin.net>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:13:45 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Guidelines doc

> This document seems to border on being a guideline vs. a
> requirement document.

It's supposed to be a guidelines document.  Are you saying that it reads
more like a requirements document?  If so, I could probably rephrase the way
the 2119 directives are used to make the focus more clear.

> Section 2.1
>
> Besides an extension being "informational" it can also be
> "experimental."

Sure, good point.

> Section 2.3
>
> Allowing a server to deny to a client access to an extension probably
> should migrate to the base spec.  Would this impact the state diagram?

I don't think so as it's all part of the <login>
authentication/authorization process.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list