To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>
cc: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se, brunner@nic-naa.net
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:48:55 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: FYI: I-D ACTION:draft-brunner-epp-smtp-00.txt

> I believe it would be better to call it "EPP transport mapping for
> E-mail". You do not seem to use any SMTP feature in the draft, thus
> allowing EPP over UUCP as well.

I didn't intend for this memo to specify transport directly over UUCP,
that is using uux and uuxqt daemons, e.g.,

	ub % uux -z pseudo-random!rmail epp+uucp < `cat domain_create.xml`

	(execute "rmail epp+uucp" on pseudo-random, with domain_create.xml
	 as the text to be mailed, from utterly-bogus, nic-name "ub")

so that is my oversight.

> (BTW, there are some places in the draft when you say 822 when you
> probably mean 2822.)

Yup.

Thanks for reading the draft. If you want to toss me some tidbits on
modern uucp use near you, I'd appreciate it. I'm always curious.

TiA,
Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list