To: <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, <ietf-not43@lists.verisignlabs.com>, <iesg@ietf.org>
From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:34:31 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Last-Verified Date Contact Element

Scott && IESG,

I realized that there is an item we have overlooked in the wg. In private
conversations, myself and others have noted that there is no way to
identify the last time a contact object was verified.

I propose that we add a "Last-Verified" date element to the contact object
so that registries/registrars may express the last time the object was
verified. Since contacts have no expiration date and the "last-modified"
date is irreverent to verification.

I believe that this will aid in identifying old, stale and irreverent data
within a registry and if the element is published in CRISP or whois to the
community in general.

I know it is late in the game for identifing issues with the epp proposals
so I have CCed the IESG.

-rick

Home | Date list | Subject list