To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
cc: "'Stephane Bortzmeyer'" <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, brunner@nic-naa.net
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:30:19 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: "private" Element Attribute

A pointer to APPEL
http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P-preferences/

I agree, the novel (and interesting question) is <dcp> scope.

I agree, that j19n is generally a registry-private policy problem, best
solved by a registry profile. Our problem is a mechanism that allows a
specific policy, as the EPP implementors, and eventually the EPP operators,
see as prudent.

I disagree that a scopeless bivalued semantic is policy neutral, since we
can reasonably forsee that this isn't.

I'm not inclined to "solve" the IETF's problem with ICANN and whois:43.
The right way to do that is to correct the policy-making body that misuses
whois, not poision the protocol with binary toggles.

Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list