To: "'Liu, Hong'" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:10:41 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: <authInfo> in Transfer Query for Domain and Contact

> Maybe I should suggest some text regarding what I would like
> to see changes.
> In the schema, the <authInfo> element should be OPTIONAL. However, the
> following text may be included to clarify its use:
>
> "The use of <authInfo> is mandatory for all transfer related
> operations
> except for query. The server MUST reject any transfer related
> operation with
> invalid <authInfo>. The server MAY accept a transfer query
> from the last
> losing registrar if <authInfo> is not present."
>
> What do you think?

I think it should be consistent with other query operations that use
authInfo.  If a server operator wants to let a non-sponsoring client see the
results of a transfer using the transfer query, they should be able to
create the policy and implementation to do so -- just as they can with the
<info> command.

I'm working on changes now to address some comments received from the IESG,
so I'll work this in.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list