To: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Asbjorn Steira <asteira@gnr.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:49:53 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-hollenbeck-epp-ext-00.txt

Edward Lewis wrote:
> At 4:21 PM +0100 9/5/02, Asbjorn Steira wrote:
>
>> I think this is a WG item, but ideally I would have liked to see the
>> guidelines as part of the base protocol.
>
> I understand your comment, but the realities of IETF document processing
> is that  we are better off splitting the two.  I.e., while the process
> for the base spec has been chugging along for some time now we have been
> learning the lessons that are (or will be) in this document.  Had we
> waited on starting the base spec, we'd have far less experience by now.
>
> Perhaps when we submit the documents needed to pass EPP onto the next
> level of standard (if, when), we can roll the guidelines into the base
> spec.

I see your point about the different levels of "maturity" of the two
documents, and if it is at all possible at a later stage to include the
guidelines in the base protocol (even though I can't really see that
happening), that would be great.

Cheers,

Asbjorn

--
Asbjorn Steira
The Global Name Registry, Limited

Information contained herein is Global Name Registry Proprietary Information and is made available to you because of your interest in our company.    This information is submitted in confidence and its disclosure to you is not intended to constitute public disclosure or authorization for disclosure to other parties.
What's your .name?
Get one at www.name

Home | Date list | Subject list