To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Patrick <patrick@gandi.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:38:31 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Lack of reference client Implementation for EPP 6 / TCP 4

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 02:05:08PM -0400, Daniel Manley took time to write:
> Tucows has been pretty quiet lately on the SourceForge epp-rtk front.
> Being the main Tucows developer on this project, I can explain this by
> me being occupied with some other non-domain/registry work.  The other
> main developers, Asbjorn and Vidar, who are from GNR (.name), have
> understandably been busy lately with the recent release of their live
> registry.
>
> In the past, we've released RTK versions as registries launch with new
> versions of EPP -- those have been .info, .biz and .name.  I see from
> Stuart's email that .coop is up to bat now, and I have also heard
> rumours of some ccTLDs launching with EPP 06/04.  So, we will start the
> development of the next release of the RTKs (Java and C++) for 06/04.

Alternatively, please note, that we will soon make available a Perl
OO toolkit implementing EPP (as well as RRP) among other things, and
handling transparently all known EPP versions (excluding 06/04 since
no live Registry use it for now) : you just give it an EPP version
number (sort of), and it handles internally changes needed.

This exact code is used in production as interface to 4 Registries (1
RRP, and 3 EPP all three using a distinct EPP version) for ``high''
volume.

Sorry if you think this is not appropriate, but I felt this may be of
interest to some of you.
It will be available under the GPL.
Support for EPP 06/04 should be easy to add in the current framework,
and anyone will be welcome to help as soon as it is released.

BTW it is a toolkit to build an EPP/RRP/X client (as used now), but
we also plan to build a server on top of it as free software (this
way a thread lately I recall), or a least a toolkit for a server.

After it being available, I will be happy to participate in any
interoperabilty tests (since that is in the milestones).
Please note however that I am still an IETF rookie, so do not
hesitate to educate me in this aspect ;-)

Patrick.

Home | Date list | Subject list