To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Liu, Hong" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:27:09 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: TCP Mapping

Rick,

Most (if not all) EPP implementations today use TCP and will stay that way
for a long time. For this matter, we want to make PUSH work using TCP. It is
not a requirement, it is an extension with which we can use PUSH for EPP
over TCP.

I don't think EPP PUSH should be exclusively tied to BEEP. BEEP makes EPP
PUSH easier, and that is it.

I am not sure about smtp since I have not seen the draft yet...

Two questions need to be addressed separately in the discussion:
1. Can EPP PUSH be used for EPP over TCP?
2. How to do the EPP PUSH extension properly for EPP over TCP (or over any
transport)?

I hope we can agree on 1 and focus on 2.

--Hong