To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Patrick <patrick@gandi.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:05:00 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: EPP implementations (what versions?)

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 05:47:45PM -0400, Jordyn A. Buchanan took time to write:
> I'm curious to find out what versions of the EPP drafts various registries
> have implemented.

AFAIK:
Afilias (.INFO) : 2
Neulevel (.BIZ) : 4
GNR     (.NAME) : 5

> We've implemented 06/04 for our ccTLD registry customers.  Has anyone else?

We are upgrading our software to handle new drafts (as used by GNR),
which means the same code interfaces with 3 Registries, with 3
distinct draft level. The application using this software does not
see any difference in the API.

This code will be made open source in a few days/weeks (as soon as we
start using it with GNR, to check that it is running correctly).

It is made of object-oriented Perl modules. The idea is close to the
one of DBI/DBD: being as much as possible independant from the
protocol (we have RRP and 3 version of EPP), the transport (only TLS
and soon TCP for now), and the Registry (its policies).

It will be available at http://open.gandi.net/

Sorry for the plug, but it may be of interest to others ;-)

When it will be available I will announce it there.

Patrick.

Home | Date list | Subject list