To: "'Robert Burbidge'" <robert.burbidge@poptel.coop>, "Ietf-Provreg (E-mail)" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:33:41 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: <postalInfo> element in contact management

That depends on the characters used.  If characters outside the ASCII range
are used, you have something that's localized.  ASCII only ->
internationalized.  This might be more clear if we add an attribute to the
<postalInfo> element; at least it would allow one to decide without having
to examine all of the data directly.

Disclaimer: again, we're still waiting for IESG feedback on the last call.
I can't change anything easily at this point, though I will queue this idea
for discussion with the IESG when they get back to us with comments.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list