To: "'Hollenbeck, Scott'" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:55:11 +1100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Pending Update

Hello Scott,

This make sense to me.

We have the equivalent of this in the current ".au" registry, where a domain
name is listed as pending in the registry (thus preventing someone else
registering it), while policy compliance is checked.

In the new ".au" registry, the plan was for the registrars to manually check
the name before it gets to the registry.
However I could see that for some circumstances you might want a registry
staff member to manually check some information before a action is
completed.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin

Home | Date list | Subject list