To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
cc: "'Patrick'" <patrick@gandi.net>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Rick H Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:59:50 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: <info> Command and authInfo

Scott,

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:

> [...]

We removed it once and there was vast agreement that it be removed, I have
not seen significant comments from impementors that it should be put back.

> So, I'd like to ask a basic question assuming that the compromise position
> on the <info> command has already been accepted:

Would you mind restating the compromise position -- I didn't notice that
we had one. I've seen some objections to the current draft in this are but
I don't understand what our compromise is; nor have I agreeded that we
have one.

> Should we put auth info back into the base protocol for possible use with
> any transform command or not?

no. There has not been a ground-swell for this simpley a single request,
which does not make consensus.

-rick

Home | Date list | Subject list