To: Jens-Uwe Gaspar <jug@schlund.de>
cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Sheer El-Showk <sheer@saraf.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:43:15 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: <msg> element

Well I think the extra info you mentioned is supposed to go in the <value>
tags.  As I understood it the <msg> tags were supposed to be statically
mapped to the response code numbers.  I just posted a suggestion about
including more detailed numerical sub-codes and allowing registries to
extend them.  I think this would address what you describe but in a manner
that is more pleasant to implement (ie using a sub-code rather than
parsing response texts).  A large subset of these sub-codes would be
registry independent (ie they would reflect Epp requirements, not registry
local policy) so a client implementation (RTK or Neulevel's) could
provide a fair amount of support for a more detailed level of error
handling without requiring per-registry customization.

Regards,
Sheer

Home | Date list | Subject list