To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: budi@alliance.globalnetlink.com
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:29:53 +0700
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [Epp-rtk-devel] contact field lengths (fwd)

On 12 Nov 01, at 10:48, asbjorn.rrp@theglobalname.org wrote:

> I would guess that 64 charachters would be enough for 99.99% of the
registrations, and that's good enough for me.

A friend of mine, at one point, attempted to register
perhaps-the-longest-domain-name-that-ever-existed-in-the-universe-and-
i-believe-it-is-more-than-64-characters-dot-com.

...phew...

I still remember that long time ago domain name cannot
start with number. (Forgot the RFC number.)
ie. you cannot register 2good2betrue.com

We enforce that policy in our domain name registration
(and still do). But that restriction is technically
removed now. Now, we are thinking (in the process)
of removing that barrier in our policy. It takes time.

My point is, let's make it as flexible as possible.
I vote for 255, not 64.

Regards
-- budi

Home | Date list | Subject list