To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 07:20:36 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Requirements and Protocol Issues

Here are my issues:

requirements:
overspecification (domain names), ditto without requirement (client-server),
[abstract],
unnecessary references to closed systems (exclusive) and error or wrong
document [intro],
unclear apparently normative text [general description],
unnecessary UI/HW/SW references [external interface]
lack of push, scale [performance]
duplications [design]
verbiage and unspec and duplication [service]
duplication and an error [other]

This sounds worse than it is, but these are all improvable.

protocol:
beep transport mapping
performance and scale bottleneck in a poll-only state management mechanism,
improved data abstraction
data collection

The first three of these are in the current XRP draft [1], the first two
were in the prior individual submission, and I can submit these as four
EPP extensions drafts, or as a single XRP draft. I'd like these resolved
before the protocol draft progresses.

http://nic-naa.net/draft-brunner-xrp-01.txt

Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list