To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, <ietf-whois@imc.org>, "Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine" <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Cc: <brunner@nic-naa.net>, <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@tucows.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:46:40 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: IETF-51 WhoisFix BoF Announcement

Eric,

Correct me if my recollection is wrong, but the last go-round of this was
severely bogged down by a focus on the protocol specified in RFC 954 when in
fact the discussion was more suited to the concepts and facilities presented
in 1580 (starting on page 38). Is it the intent to focus on the latter than
the former this time around?

While I couldn't agree more that changes are due, it strikes me that
updating 954 may prove to be next to impossible because of the hidden
install base...

Sorry if this is off-topic for this list - I won't be in London to speak my
piece...

-rwr