To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
CC: "'Rick H Wesson'" <wessorh@ar.com>, "Damaraju, Ayesha" <ayesha.damaraju@neustar.com>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, epp-rtk-devel <epp-rtk-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
From: Daniel Manley <dmanley@tucows.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:05:46 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [Epp-rtk-devel] RE: ROID Placement

I'm fine with getting rid of ROIDs from the protocol.

With the re-introduction of the contact id, ROIDs are mostly useless for
registrars now because it's an extra piece of data that can't be used in
any EPP requests.  At this point, they only seem to be of benifit to the
registry (in reports?) and possibly to Whois service.

As for the impact on the RTKs, we would just remove the ROIDs from the
IDL and removing their parsing from the EPP responses.  Very little impact.

Dan