To: Peter Eisenhauer <eisenhauer@schlund.de>
cc: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se, brunner@nic-naa.net
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:33:43 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: 3.4.9 [4]

> The question is: If a registry wants to regulate access to information by its
> own policy, can this done using the current version of the specification?

Should it? What is the use case?

	RegistrANT Elf restricts the RECIPIENTS of its data to itself,
		RegistRAR Gnome, and RegisTRY Wizard.
	RegistRAR Gnome restricts the RECIPIENTS of RegistrANT Elf's data
		to RegistrANT Elf, itself, and RegisTRY Wizard.
	RegisTRY Wizard adds RegistRAR Troll to the RECIPIENTS of RegistrANT
		Elf data.

Is the use case a) general, and b) desireable, and c) something to put into
the protocol?

Your question is about the RECIPIENTS of data. May the RegisTRY determine
the RECIPIENTS of data, in conflict with the RECIPIENTS designated by the
registrar that currently sponsors an item of data, and in conflict with the
RECIPIENTS designated by the data-originator (registrANT)?

The issue, if general as posed here, should be addressed in Section 8.4,
"Data Collection Requirements". If specific to Object Query, it should still
be reflected in Section 8.4.

As Scott and I have remarked, the Data Collection work is in-progress.
I hope to get more out today. Careful reading and comments always welcome.

Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list