To: wessorh@ar.com
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: asbjorn.rrp@theglobalname.org
Date: 15 Mar 2001 19:17:13 -0000
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: .name

Hi Rick (and provreg WG),

yes, I am reading the provreg mailing list, but I have (at least up until now)
not participated actively in the Working Group (nor the mailing list). :-)

In the original application we proposed the socalled SRRP (Stateless RRP), but
the way it look now, we are not going to use SRRP from day one. To make it
easier for new Registrars to connect to our Registry, we will in the beginning
most probably use an extended version of RRP.

Later it might be more interesting to implement EPP instead of SRRP, but that
depends partly on the progress and status of the EPP when the decission needs to
be made.

Asbjorn Steira
The Global Name Registry

--