To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Mike Lampson <lampson@iaregistry.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:29:44 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: draft-hollenbeck-grrp-reqs-06 [Was Re: Interim Meeting]

> I am suggesting that
>
> a. Quite a lot of other domain names registries have not read it.
> b. It is probably still incomplete and need more work.

This is likely true.  However, do we care as long as we consider that:

1) It is only useful for Registries who want an API for Registrants,
Registrars or Resellers?  (Registries with only a single GUI and/or web page
interface won't care.)

2) It is truly extensible and enhancements can be added as these other
Registries seek to adopt a common data management model and discover
limitations in this interface?

I'm not saying we shouldn't build as much capability into this system from
day 1.  However, we should work with the specific requirements identified by
those with the most interest and need for a common protocol -- namely the
existing participants on this list.

By the way, keep YOUR comments coming.  Let's just make sure that this
process continues to move forward as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

_Mike
--
Mike Lampson