To: "'provreg List'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 20:40:25 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Interim Meeting

Nothing is ever decided with finality at face-to-face IETF meetings --
consensus decisions are made using mailing lists like this one.  Those of us
who have asked for an interim meeting want to get down to critical review of
the EPP proposals, and to that end I think we need to do the following
between now and 21+ February:

1. We come to some semblance of closure on the requirements.  The updated
draft was posted almost two weeks ago, and I haven't seen any discussion
since.  Does that mean I got it right this time?  ;-)

2. We identify macro issues with the base EPP specification (based on the
requirements and whatever else matters), and maybe the domain, host, and
contact specifications.  There are some things that I want to change based
on our requirements discussions, such as transaction identifiers and domain
expiration.  If we can reach quick agreement on any issues before the
meeting, that's great.  Issues that need more in-depth discussion get tabled
for discussion at the interim meeting.

3. We produce a concise list of issues to be discussed at the interim
meeting to form the bulk of the agenda.

4. We hold the meeting, and discuss each issue until we reach some logical
conclusion (I can probably hold the room for more time if needed, but I
would need to know that pretty soon).  Depending on how things go we make
some tentative decisions about next steps.

5. Meeting notes and next step thoughts are posted to this list ASAP after
we finish (will someone volunteer to take and post detailed notes?).

6. Document editing starts on 21 February based on interim meeting
discussions, and the new draft(s) are published ASAP.

7. We discuss the results of the interim meeting, the new drafts, and next
steps on this list.

<Scott/>