To: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
cc: George Belotsky <george@register.com>, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se, ietf-whois@imc.org
From: Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap@sidn.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:01:39 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Merging RRP and Whois

For the  record, I also think that is a bad idea to merge the two.
Foor quite a while I'm taken the position that the registration process
tries to solve something quite different then a (public) whois is lookup
service.

    Note that the charter does not mention Whois by name - there has been no
    discussion up to now about a merging of Whois and RRP.

    Is there a copy of the Whois charter available?

I'm not sure wether once was actually made. According to the minutes, it
was only decided that there should another BOF on the subject.

	jaap

Home | Date list | Subject list