To: Dave Crocker <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Cc: Ietf-Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, tld@aptld.org
From: "J. William Semich" <bill@mail.nic.nu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:25:11 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Interim meeting: was RE: Charter last call summary

The one I am somewhat familiar with is at JP-NIC, where they require
registration in both Latin/English and Japanese, as well as registering
both the English/Latin and Japanese versions of the domain name (this is
not related to IDN per se - it is a way to register the actual "Japanese
character" set for the domain name, as well as the legal ASCII domain name
that is entered into the root.) I'm sure someone from JP-NIC could add to
(or perhaps more likely subtract from/correct) my recollection. Whether
this might require a "different" set of requirements for a generic RRP, I
wouldn't venture to say.

Just "policy" issues perhaps?

Regards,

Bill

At 02:06 PM 1/11/01 -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
>At 12:00 PM 1/11/2001 -0500, J. William Semich wrote:
>>many have a
>>completely different registration process and different registration
>>requirements from those being discussed here
>
>It would be helpful to hear a summary of those differences.
>
>d/
>

>=-=-=-=-=
>Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
>Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
>Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464

Bill Semich
President and Founder
WorldNames, Inc.
http://www.worldnames.net