To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: budi@alliance.globalnetlink.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 05:35:40 +0700
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Ok. let's move on (was: RE: Definition of Registry)

On 6 Jan 01, at 22:32, Peter Mott wrote:

> Anyway, I suspect this thread is now off topic.  Most people here want to
> build a protocol based on a technical view, not one that takes into account
> business relationships and legal contracts.

Let's move on. I just want to make sure that the definition
in the document and the protocol that we're building
are flexible enough to support different views/usage.

Come to think of it, business relationships *may* affect
technical design. eg. we may have to use somekind of
certificate to allow record modification, chain of trust,
somekind of certificate authority,
direct access to the database by a large (huge? millions) number
of users (if registrant is allow to access her own record),
... argh that's too complicated. :-(

Well, I'll let you guys deal with this :-)

[back to my corner and work on this huge tcpdump trace again...
this silly tcpslice doesn't work :-(
got any tools to slice huge tcpdump trace?]

-- budi
-- TLD-ID
--
Homepage: <http://budi.insan.co.id>
my presentation materials, papers, scrapbook, ... and more

Home | Date list | Subject list