To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@tucows.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:48:46 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Definition of Registry

RickW and I had a conversation about the role of definitions in this process
and other domain name related efforts in San Diego last month. We both
agreed that a common base of definitions will play an important role in
ensuring that whatever work this group and others accomplish is done in the
most efficient manner. As such, I took it upon myself to pen a draft (which
may or may not conform to IETF draft submission standards ;) that was
intended to act as a strawman towards defining a common set of definitions.

If it would be useful, I could clean it up and pass it back to this list in
short order. I do have a concern that this might be distracting to the
larger goal of this particular group. Perhaps if the definitions are
valuable yet the process of definition distractive, a separate effort on a
separate list geared towards hashing them out might be more efficient.

-rwr