To: "'Richard Shockey'" <rich.shockey@neustar.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:44:43 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: One additional requirement...

Section 6.1 of the requirements draft addresses standards compliance.  How
about if I change 6.1-[1] from this:

"[1] A generic registry-registrar protocol MUST conform to current IETF
standards.  Standards for domain and host name syntax, IP address syntax,
and security are particularly relevant.  Emerging standards for the Domain
Name System MUST be considered as they approach maturity."

to this:

"[1] A generic registry-registrar protocol MUST conform to current IETF
standards.  Standards for domain and host name syntax, IP address syntax,
security, and transport are particularly relevant.  Emerging standards for
the Domain Name System MUST be considered as they approach maturity."

Scott Hollenbeck
VeriSign Global Registry Services