To: "'Geva Patz'" <geva@bbn.com>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:56:40 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Expiration times [was Re: domreg BOF Meeting Minutes]

Geza,

I can come up with some text for section two to describe the object
extensibility goal.  The first sentence described below seems like a good
starting point.

I think I misread one piece of your most recent proposal (reading
"registrars" where you wrote "registries").  The way you characterized the
requirement mapping in your last paragraph gives me an idea, though - why
not phrase the requirement like this:

[2] The protocol MUST allow a registry to implement policies allowing a
range of domain registration time periods, where registrars MAY choose to
offer (not necessarily identical) subsets of the range of periods, and where
registrants get to choose an element from that subset.

Scott Hollenbeck
VeriSign Global Registry Services