To: Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com>
cc: dnssec@cafax.se
From: Olaf Kolkman <OKolkman@ripe.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 17:44:45 +0200
Sender: owner-dnssec@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Fields in DS record

 Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com> writes:
 *
 * DS record currently has 4 fields, only one of these is absolutly needed,
 * the digest.
 * Which of the others are redundant and should be eliminated ?
 *
 * My personal vote is to delete key tag, and/or size
 *

My $0.02

The keytag is well defined and can be used to identify the key. It's
used elsewhere in the specs (SIG record) it seems useful.

I have some problems with the size parameter. AFAIK It is not used
elsewhere in the DNSSPEC specs and I have some problems finding its
definition in the RFCs (You refer to the 'algorithm' RFCs for the size
of the public keys but I have a hard time actually finding them).

--Olaf

Home | Date list | Subject list